We work to accelerate reductions in maternal, newborn, and child mortality and morbidity in high-burden USAID partner countries.
Through MOMENTUM, USAID seeks to accelerate reductions in maternal, newborn, and child mortality and morbidity in high-burden USAID partner countries. The project represents a paradigm shift in how USAID carries out its work, with a greater focus on strengthening the capacity, sustainability, and resilience of local institutions. We work to:
- Introduce, adapt, and scale up existing high-quality, evidence-based best practices among public and private sectors and across the humanitarian-to-development continuum.
- Contribute to global technical leadership as well as generate and disseminate new evidence.
- Enhance integration and connections within and between maternal, newborn, and child health services, voluntary family planning, and reproductive health care.
- Strengthen multisectoral collaboration and innovative partnerships with allied sectors, such as food security, emergencies, economic development, and climate resilience.
- Build on successes and lessons learned from previous USAID investments.
- Ensure that investments in USAID partner countries are tailored to country contexts and foster sustainability.
Vision and Mission
We envision a world where all individuals, families, and communities have equitable access to comprehensive and high-quality care.
MOMENTUM is a suite of innovative awards funded by USAID to holistically improve maternal, newborn, and child health services and voluntary family planning in partner countries around the world.
Our implementing partners build on past experience and diversify partnerships to achieve MOMENTUM's objectives.