Webinar: Seeing Old Problems Through a New Lens: Recognizing and Addressing Gender Barriers to Equitable Immunization
Published on April 13, 2022
Over the past few years, the global immunization community has recognized that tackling gender-related barriers is critical to achieving high and equitable vaccination coverage. These barriers span health systems, communities, and households and have all been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Wednesday, April 27, 2022, MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity hosted a webinar to discuss gender-related barriers to immunization. The webinar, “Seeing Old Problems Through a New Lens: Recognizing and Addressing Gender Barriers to Equitable Immunization,” shared key learnings about gender barriers and how they obstruct equitable access to immunization services throughout a person’s life. The webinar will also included discussions about the growing global movement to strengthen country-level implementers’ capacity, commitment, and confidence to develop and implement strategies addressing gender-related barriers to immunization.
Webinar speakers included:
- Dr. Folake Olayinka, USAID Immunization Team Leader and Lead Technical Advisor, COVID 19 Vaccination Access and Delivery Initiative.
- Jean Munro, Senior Manager, Gender Equality, Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance.
- Dr. Sofia de Almeida, United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Social and Behaviour Change Specialist for East and Southern Africa Regional Office.
- Dr. Anuradha Sunil, Medical Director, Indian Society for Agribusiness Professionals (ISAP), a sub-awardee of MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity.
- Anumegha Bhatnagar, Risk Communications Lead, MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity.