Research & Evidence
COVID-19 Response and Mitigation: Strategies to maintain essential MNCH and FP/RH Services
This brief is organized by seven of the 10 World Health Oganization strategies for maintaining essential health services during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Prioritize essential health services and adapt to changing contexts and needs.
- Establish safe and effective patient flow at all levels (which was operationalized in a more general way as “Improved infection Prevention Measures in Health Facilities”).
- Rapidly optimize health workforce capacity.
- Maintain the availability of essential medications, equipment, and supplies.
- Strengthen communication strategies to support the appropriate use of essential services.
- Strengthen the monitoring of essential health services.
- Use digital platforms to support essential health service delivery.